2nd local case: COVID test fast, wear masks and take extra care
Local COVID-19 case: Wear a mask and get tested if you have symptoms
On Tuesday, a new case of COVID-19 was diagnosed in a local resident of Hunters Hill. The infection is part of a known cluster and appropriate self isolation has occurred. virus was acquired in the Sydney CBD and not locally. The local public health unit is on top of the situation and are managing the response which includes contact tracing . We encourage everyone to follow the public health advice.
Understandably, a local case causes considerable stress and anxiety. That said, it is important to remember that the risk remains quite low especially if everyone cooperates and follows the public health advice. To help minimise the risk we are asking all patients who attend the practice to wear a mask and if anyone has symptoms to get a COVID test.
Please remember to:
- Maintain hand hygiene
- Social distancing (minimum 1.5 meters)
- Wear a face mask
- Stay home if you have symptoms
- Get a COVID test if you have any symptoms or had contact with a positive case
- Self-isolate after a COVID test
- Do not visit aged care facilities
- Support friends and family
HHMP is COVID-Safe and is asking all patients and visitors to wear masks
We are taking the following steps:
- Screening patients to make sure symptomatic patients are not seen inside the practice, but rather via telehealth, in their cars or in our isolation room.
- Abundant hand sanitiser
- Appropriate social distancing in our waiting room
- Cleaning multiple times during the day
- Wearing masks
- facilitating a COVID test for patients who need it
We thank you all for your cooperation and encourage you to contact us if you have any questions.
For More COVID-19 Information
NSW health has an excellent COVID-19 website with reputable information in one place
- NSW health COVID website
- COVID19 frequently asked questions
- Testing clinic locations
- Self isolation guidelines