The doctors at Hunters Hill Medical Practice regularly perform minor surgical procedures. These procedures happen under local anaesthetic, within our well-appointed facilities.
Our patients tell us that they appreciate the convenience of having a minor surgical procedure at a time that suits them, with a rapid return to home or work.
All procedures at Hunters Hill Medical Practice are undertaken with hospital-standard sterilisation practices and protocols. Your doctor will carefully explain to you what is involved in your procedure and any follow-on treatment that may be needed.
Common procedures that we perform include:
- Suturing of lacerations
- Excision of cyst
- Excision of skin cancers
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Implanon (contraceptive hormone) Insertion
- Removal of foreign bodies (in skin, eyes, ears etc)
- Skin biopsy
- Triage and suturing of lacerations
- Reduction of dislocations
- Iron infusion, Aclasta infussion, IV fluids
- Removal of warts
- Dressings for burns, skin tears and other injuries
- Chronic Disease management e.g.; Diabetes, Asthma, Osteoarthritis, Ischaemic Heart disease, Osteoporosis
- Pathology collection
If you need a minor medical procedure, talk to your Hunters Hill general practitioner today. He or she will explain what is involved, and whether or not it can be done at our practice.
Call Us on 02 9817 2080 to book an appointment today!