The doctors at Hunters Hill Medical Practice regularly perform minor surgical procedures. These procedures happen under local anaesthetic, within our well-appointed facilities.
Our patients tell us that they appreciate the convenience of having a minor surgical procedure at a time that suits them, with a rapid return to home or work.
All procedures at Hunters Hill Medical Practice are undertaken with hospital-standard sterilisation practices and protocols. Your doctor will carefully explain to you what is involved in your procedure and any follow-on treatment that may be needed.
Common procedures that we perform include:
- Suturing of lacerations
- Excision of cyst
- Excision of skin cancers
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Implanon (contraceptive hormone) Insertion
- Removal of foreign bodies (in skin, eyes, ears etc)
- Skin biopsy
- Triage and suturing of lacerations
- Reduction of dislocations
- Iron infusion, Aclasta infussion, IV fluids
- Removal of warts
- Dressings for burns, skin tears and other injuries
- Chronic Disease management e.g.; Diabetes, Asthma, Osteoarthritis, Ischaemic Heart disease, Osteoporosis
- Pathology collection
If you need a minor medical procedure, talk to your Hunters Hill general practitioner today. He or she will explain what is involved, and whether or not it can be done at our practice.