Comprehensive medical specialist and allied health services on site
If you’re travelling overseas for work or a holiday, it’s a good idea to find out about travel vaccinations. The Australian Government provides an updated summary of required vaccinations and health alerts on its smartraveller.gov.au website.
At Hunters Hill Medical Practice, we have a large range of travel vaccines in stock. These include:
- Adult diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and polio
- Both hepatitis A & B individually or combined
- Measles, mumps and rubella
- Mencevax for short term protection against various strains of meningococcal disease
- Yellow Fever
Yellow Fever Accredited Centre
Hunters Hill Medical Practice, has been accredited by NSW health to provide Yellow fever vaccination. We have the vaccination in stock and can issue you an official vaccination certificate on the spot after your vaccination.
When to get your travel vaccinations
It’s a good idea to make an appointment with your doctor at least four weeks, preferably six weeks before you travel. This will allow enough time for your doctor to create an appropriate vaccine schedule for you.
Talk to your GP about your travel plans
Your Hunters Hill GP and nursing staff can provide you and your family with a comprehensive range of travel medicine services, including:
- Appropriate immunisations
- Advice on avoiding malaria and cholera
- Advice on avoiding sexually transmitted diseases
- Updates on travelling with medications
- Medical advice for yourself and your family