No local transmission of COVID-19 in NSW
NSW has now been free from locally transmitted COVID-19 for 10 days. This means that any positive cases in NSW have been cases in returned travellers confined to hotel quarantine. You can follow the case numbers on the NSW Health Twitter Feed. This is excellent news for the NSW community and shows that the hard work of all to contain the virus has shown positive results.
HHMP is COVID-Safe – wearing masks in preferable
Recently after the diagnosis of local cases in the local area, HHMP mandated the wearing of masks for all patients, visitors and staff. In light of the recent news that no local transmission is occurring, we are relaxing this advice. HHMP recommends that masks be worn, but for now this will no longer be mandatory. If the situation changes we will respond appropriately at the time.
As a practice we continue to take steps to reduce the risk for patients and staff as part of our COVID-Safe plan. Such steps include:
- Screening patients online and over the phone to make sure symptomatic patients are not seen inside the practice. Options include: telehealth, in their cars or in our isolation room.
- Abundant hand sanitiser. We encourage all to maintain excellent hand hygiene.
- Setting up the waiting room with appropriate distancing. We encourage all to remain 1.5m from others including other patients and staff (as much as possible)
- Cleaning multiple times during the day (above and beyond after-hours cleaning)
- Wearing masks as needed, this remains especially important for vulnerable populations such as the elderly.
- Encouraging all with symptoms to remain away from work.
Thank you to all patients who have been very cooperative and helpful. Your assistance has helped achieve this enviable position in NSW.
We thank you all for your cooperation and encourage you to contact us if you have any questions.
For More COVID-19 Information
NSW health has an excellent COVID-19 website with all the information in one place and links to further information.